Topic

Easiest way to add water bottle holder to GG Wisp pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Easiest way to add water bottle holder to GG Wisp pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

On the belt, shoulder strap or side…anyone add a water bottle holder to their Wisp or other similar pack?

Looking for various ideas. The easier, the better.

Thanks.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

How about threading two lengths of shockcords — secured by a cord lock each — like this ULA bottle holder?

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Benjamin. That is about as simple as it gets. Have you, or anyone else, tried this? I'm wondering how stable this set-up would be.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I've used the shock-cord/cord-locks method — My experience was that it worked best on bottles that have indents that the cord can grip, like the old style Propel bottles. I did have a bottle slip out a few times, when I wasn't careful to tighten both cords.

I've since switched to a Simblissity BotSpot…

Jonathan DeYoung

@jdeyoung81

Locale: New England

I have used the above method (my ULA Circuit came like that). It is really as simple as it gets. I had my water bottle attached for nearly 50 miles like that with no issues. this saves having to reach around into a side pocket to grab your water. so easy to drink and keep going while not having the added weight of a camelback like system.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

What the two gentlemen said above. Also, a tall/slim 16-20oz bottle works better than a short/squat one.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

I use a Klean Kanteen. I think the lip near its mouth would prevent the bottle from sliding out w/ Ula's Holster. On the other hand, the Simblissity does look like a more secure system…although more complicated too (want to make my own).

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Just for other ideas:

Alpinlite has a simple bottle holster that mounts on the side of packs.

Mountain Laurel has a shoulder strap bottle pocket.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Keep them coming, please.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

How many solutions to you need? Decide and make one already! (j/k)

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

After a year of thinking about this, I see no sense in rushing things now. ;-)

Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

what about using the shockcord method described above, and using a bendy straw so that you never even have to remove the bottles. That's actually a great idea… think I'll give it a shot.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

I finally got around to trying a couple things: mounting on the shoulder strap (various spots up & down the strap) and on the waist belt. I didn't care for either location so I'm thinking I'll just sew some simple pouches to each side of the pack…perhaps out of a 4-way stretch material.

I'm also intrigued by experimenting with an attached bag that rests against the upper abdomen like the one near the bottom of the following page: http://translate.google.se/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andersj.se&sl=sv&tl=en&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools