Topic

Southeast Backpacking Light Group?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Southeast Backpacking Light Group?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

Since a meetup group does cost money you could have everyone pay a fee to join it. By doing this it becomes a private meetup group.

A Yahoo group would also work and might even be the best way to go esp for folks (like myself) who haven't given into the pressure to join Facebook

Jonathon Rogers

@signet77

Locale: East TN

I'd love to get involved but I'm not a facebooker…my wife is and I could use her acct. if needed.

I don't have many hiking partners…especially who carry less than 50lbs…so I'd love to get together with some like-minded folks in the area…and there are so many nice spots around here within just a short drive. Firescald Knob, Max Patch, Linville Gorge, Big South Fork, Roan, Mt. Rogers, etc. Good stuff.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

I am going to go ahead and join up as well. I am new to backpacking and UL so I may have to pick and choose when I can meet up with you guys. I might not be light/experienced enough for some of your longer hikes, but regardless, good to know there are some fellow SE backpackers.

Kyle Crawford
    Spectator

@getupandgo

Locale: SouthEast

Count me in as well.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

OK, I need some help with Facebook so I can communicate w/you guys easily.

I actually joined Facebook awhile back, and upon the deluge of unwanted posts from "friends of friends" I quit. I didn't know (but my wife has since informed me) I could have set up filters,etc to only get posts from my specified friends. :)

So I'm gonna sign up again, but this time under a fake name so I can only stay in contact w/you guys, and not offend all the people who I "reject" as online friends. I'm not anti-social, I just wanna limit my computer time – they already have my email and phone#, so if they need me they can certainly reach me.

Do I need to do anything special when I set up this fake name so that you guys know me, or will it not matter once I go to the SEBPLG site and sign up?

Thanks!
    Todd

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I am by no means a facebook expert so some people might be able to tell you more, my only suggestion is to use "Todd" as your first name so at least we can get that part right. I have hiked with a guy from another forum a few times who went by "backpacker bryan" online, but neither his first or last names was Bryan but people assumed Bryan was his name anyways.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

Just saw your first hike, wow, I am inspired. That one trip is equivalent to like my last 4 trips in mileage. Hopefully, when I get some lighter gear and more experience I will be joining you.

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area

I'm in. Thanks for setting this up!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

No problem, thanks for signing up. Hopefully we will get some better backpacking weather here before too long.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools