Topic

Mountain Hardwear Scrambler

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Mountain Hardwear Scrambler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Stoughton
    BPL Member

@txtengu

Locale: Seattle

Has anybody had a chance to play with one yet? 1600 cu in does not leave alot of room for much, but should be good for overnights.

Shawn Forry

@porkpie73adelphia-net

I sell them in the little shop I work at and we just got them in the other day. At first look I was quite impressed with the potential for a lightweight day pack. The rated 1600cu might seem small, but you could easily squeeze a 2 day summer trip into it comfortably. The shoulder straps are only mesh, so that is the limiting factor on comfort. The fabric is almost like a tougher sil-nylon ripstop. Lightweight, but seems like you wouldn’t have to baby it. We weighed one in the shop and I think the weight was closer to 12.5 oz instead of the quoted 11oz. But the 1/8″ foam frame sheet is removable, which brought the weight down to just under 11oz. I think the lid of the pack is the pork of the pack. I think if you cut that off, you could easily be down to 7oz or so and still have a really functional pack. Also has bungee compression/stow straps and an ice ax loop. At $50, overall not a bad alternative to a G6 or MLD pack.

R K
    Spectator

@oiboyroi

Locale: South West US

Haven’t played with the Scrambler, but you should check out the Salomon Raid Revo 30. I just picked one up two weeks ago and must say I am very impressed. It’s listed weight is 14 oz. and comes with plenty of well thought out features. I’ve only taken it on one day hike (with all my gear in it) so far and it worked great. When I get more experience with it I will post a review on this site.
    Salomon Raid Revo 30. This thread will now return to its regularly scheduled programming.

Roy

Ryan Stoughton
    BPL Member

@txtengu

Locale: Seattle

Thanks Shawn. I appreciate the info!

Walter Pickett
    BPL Member

@wpick

Hello All

I have had a scrambler for over a month. I’ve used it several times for day hikes, but recently, my truck was in the shop for a new transmission and was using public transportation to get around. I used the scrambler durign those foreys. The 1600 ci handled the gorcceries, and stuff very easily. And no outside damage is noted from the scraping, brushing. The mesh straps were comfortable even with a 25 lb load. I’m certainly impressed with this pack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools