Topic

GG Gorilla dimensions needed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GG Gorilla dimensions needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Locale: Colorado

Any Gorilla owners out there that would be willing to take some measurements on their pack? I'm between a medium and large on GG's sizing chart so I need more info. Here's what I'm looking for on both a medium and large:

-The distance from the shoulder strap attachment point to the TOP of the hip belt.

-The width (vertical distance) of the hip belt? Preferable a medium one but I imagine the sizes are similar if not the same for the width.

-The width and height (including extension collar) of the pack

I emailed these questions to Grant last night but wanted to see if I could find the answers here faster. Don't want to miss their end of the year sale!

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Chris,

Happened to have mine sitting out for a overnight I was going to take until I saw they're predicting a giant snowstorm that will end life as we know it on the East Coast.

My Med. Gorilla(MEd. hip belt):(edit: My Gorrilla was bought May 08)

-The distance from the shoulder strap attachment point to the TOP of the hip belt

16"

-The width (vertical distance) of the hip belt? Preferable a medium one but I imagine the sizes are similar if not the same for the width.

It hip belt tapers smaller toward the end. 3.75" nearest teh pack body, 3.5" in ~the middle, 2.75" where it meets the straps which are themselves 1.5" wide.

-The width and height (including extension collar) of the pack

H-30"
    W-11"(this is just the back panel.

Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Appreciate the info Jim. One question though. I thought the Gorilla was introduced this year. Did you mean May 09?

Any Large Gorilla owners out there that could chime in so I can compare dimensions?

Chris

Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

bump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools