Topic

recomend me a trail for the winter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion recomend me a trail for the winter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a trail to spend some time on this winter. I have a block of time in January and February, and have some work in Florida and maybe Texas Im looking for an area that I could spend 2-3 weeks out with easy resupply and exit if the weather becomes dangerous. I will probably have to use public transportation to get in and out. Thanks, Woody

Art Sandt

@artsandt

In Florida and Texas only, or anywhere in the country? Parts of the AT can be nice in the winter because there's no crowds and you should be able to plan as many re-supplies as you need without a whole lot of hassle.

james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

I'll be parking my car I florida. I'm not looking to slog around in a swamp, or wrassle gators…..

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I may also be able to backpack this winter.

I'm thinking about the first few sections of the Grand Enchantment Trail or The Lone Star Trail.

First sections of the AZ, CDT. PCT are also a possibility.

I'm not into wading through the winter swamps of the Florida trail myself.

james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

For sake of discussion, How far north of Tallahassee do I have to go to get out of the swamps? And how far north can I get with out hitting hypothermic rain? I've looked at the Pinhoti and Benton MacKaye Trail so far. My only goal is to find trail to walk, not get anywhere in particular. Well actualy If some one could point me in the direction of a good fly fishing area…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools