Topic

Southeast New Years Hike?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Southeast New Years Hike?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Is anyone in the Southeast interested in doing a hike in the TN/NC/GA area on January 1-3?

Andrew Wolff
    Spectator

@andrew

Locale: Chattanooga

Hey Bradford,

I just might be interested in this, I'm wanting to get out soon and if I don't have any obligations for that time I'd join you. What hike are you considering for this?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Well I was originally figuring it would be something in the Smokies, but then since it looked like I would be solo I thought about doing an AT section from Marion to Bland in Virginia, but I don't have the shuttle worked out yet. I am open to going about anywhere if you are interested and don't want to do the section hike (it might take 3.5 days anyways). I could also go a day earlier or later depending on your schedule, just let me know.

Andy Waters

@dirtyhiker

Locale: NC mountains

gonna be cold… hehehehe
    any ideas yet on where your goin??

Andrew Wolff
    Spectator

@andrew

Locale: Chattanooga

Bradford, PM Sent.

Andy, yeah I guess thats the point this time of year, care to join?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Myself, my gf, and Jim Bailey are heading up to the Smokies just outside of Bryson City, NC to do a loop around Newton Bald. It's a short 3 day at 23ish miles but the short first and last days leave driving time. I'll be glad to share info if anyone wants to meet up with us.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools