Topic

BPL Mother Ship

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports BPL Mother Ship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

I had the opportunity to stop by, as I call it, "The Mother Ship" while on route to my wife's lame sororities' 100th year get together in Missoula in October.

I got ahold of Sam through email and he was nice enough to show me around. I have to say I was excited to be there, like a kid going to Disneyland. I had dreams of secret lightweight elves working away on stoves, packs and other crazy lightweight creations…

To my surprise these guys have the same philosophy in offices as they do backpacking.. small, only what you need and no frills… I don't think I even saw a coffee machine.

Sam did let me spy on some new gear they are working on and I felt like I was at Langley getting the inside scoop.

All in all it was a great visit and Sam was very hospitable. Ryan was sick that week but, oh well, next time.

What do you say BPL Fest 2010 Bozeman????

Here our some pics of the Mother Ship

.BPL Banner

front of office

infront

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

AH! Peter, you missed me! I could have shown you the projects we have hiding in the CRAWL SPACE!

By the way, do you guys like our OUTSIDE sign? It's the little business 4×6 card in the lower right of the window above the bike in the bottom photo :)

We share a front door with the Bozeman Counseling Center.

HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT! We have this thing with them, they take heavy backpackers and treat them, send them to us, and we send them back with lighterweighters disease.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Very cool.

Can't wait for the new gear.

So this is gonna be the new warehouse for BPL?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

It is very important for people to know that we DO IN FACT HAVE A COFFEE MAKER!!! Ryan and I are both utter coffee fiends!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, yes this will be where we're housing our inventory and I'm planning a very small, limited hours retail space for those who are in the area wanting to drop by and check out stuff in person.

ps – Not to hint at anything but Peter was nice enough to bring a twelve pack of the good stuff for me ; )

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"ps – Not to hint at anything but Peter was nice enough to bring a twelve pack of the good stuff for me"

I didn't know they sold coffee in 12-packs….

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

The place looks exactly like what I expected funny enough, quaint yet funtional. Looks like a relaxed work space, nothing like the crammed in space of 2000 people in 18 building floors I have to deal with.

Thanks for the pics.

Cheers
    Mark

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Ryan or Sam. Would you guys ever give us a video or picture tour of the place? Maybe after you guys release all the top secret projects since some of us are not at all close.

David Ure

@familyguy

I think the sign looks decidedly non-UL….;)

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Doug, I'm betting that 12-pack was a box of Starbucks Italian VIA. Addie won't let the boys pound down Heineken while they're on the job.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Doug, I'm betting that 12-pack was a box of Starbucks Italian VIA"

Now THAT makes sense!

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Ryan sick,

Right, I'm sure Ryan calls in sick (ALL THE TIME)!

Actually, I'm sure Ryan is only at work when he is sick and gone the rest of the time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools