Topic

Inov-8 durability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inov-8 durability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    647575757 3

@686425

After lots of research, I decided to pull the trigger on the Roclite 312 GTX's until I actually saw them. I'm very hard on shoes and to be honest, they look like they might last a week. Am I wrong?

Philip Mitchell

@pmops5

Locale: Florida

Well, what type of terrain do you plan on wearing them in?

I have a few pairs and they seem to hold up pretty well

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Inov-8's do have softer soles than many trailrunners. That gives more grip but the downside is they wear faster. I have a pair with 150 miles on them that still look good. The 295's that I have don't have a lot of cushioning though so I am probably going to go back to Salomon's.

647575757 3

@686425

Mostly trail running/hiking here in Boulder, CO.

Philip Mitchell

@pmops5

Locale: Florida

I don't think they will fall apart in a week. As Bradford mentioned above, the soles might wear faster if you are wearing them on hardpack or rock, but they do grip well.

As with anything, you don't really know until you try them

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I've probably worn through seven or eight pair of various Inov-8 models. I've found the treads to wear out between 500 and 600 miles. The Gore-tex in the waterproof models I've owned has worn out after one season of use. I feel this is about standard with other shoes on the market.

Miner
    BPL Member

@miner

Locale: SoCAL

I used 3 pairs of the Roclite 315's for part of my PCT thru-hike this year. I usually swapped my shoes out around 600miles and 2 pairs still had some life in them when I did so so I sent them home to use for dayhikes.

However, the one pair that I used through the High Sierra with all the snow, fording creeks, and numerous rocks everywhere really abused my shoes and after about 500 miles, they were ready for the trashcan (I don't mean the sole). I think it was a combination of being wet and then kicking rocks all the time that wore the material out.

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

Aha, another 2009 PCT'er wearing 315s! And I thought I was the only one… ("Buckwheat"). I had practically the exact same experience with my 315s and sent home 2 used pairs that I'm still wearing on a daily basis.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools