Topic

Raw-Way Tarp Book

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Raw-Way Tarp Book

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Allen Green

@alleng

I have looked on Amazon and there were none available and I couldn’t find where you could order just the book off of his web site. Does anybody have any other ideas? Bye the way I am new to this site and it is awesome all the info here. Thanks

Allen

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

There are lots of good tarp designs out there. Take a look at Six Moons Designs Nightwing tarp pattern as an example.

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

read this thread about someone trying to buy the just the kit b/c they already had a book.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=1935

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

so, does anybody have one they want to sell??

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Go to http://www.owareusa.com and download David MacPherson’s excellent and well illustrated article on tarps and their use.

Wandering Bob

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Also go to http://backpackinglight.com

Look under the ARTICLES / TECHNIQUES section for “Advanced Tarp Camping Techniques for Inclement Conditions” by Dr. Ryan Jordan.

You will need a Premium membership to read it in its entirety. This is an excellent example of why such a membership is worth the $.

Wandering Bob

Anonymous

Jeremy, Best not let RayJ see you involved in this kind of deal. He has quite a diatribe on this matter on his website. IIRC, and I could be mistaken, he sorta’ likens it to theft. Somewhat akin to taking the crops at harvest time of a hard working farmer who tilled, planted, and cared for them while they were growing. I only mention this in case it is a concern of yours. For my part, I apparently have been banished from RayJ’s two websites possibly for posting mostly positive reviews of his book and Breeze pack. I’m assuming that’s the reason since we corresponded and he told me he doesn’t like his products being reviewed. Again, I only mention this so that you too don’t find yourself persona non grata.

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

oh, ahh, ahh, i was just seeing if anyone had one for sale for allen. ya, i saw on the other thread from above where several people had been blocked from his site.

Allen Green

@alleng

I’m not sure what the deal is about the book? I do appreciate the other info on tarps. I’m new to tarps and am tring to get all the good info on them I can.

Allen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools