Topic

Bob Dion Snowshoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Bob Dion Snowshoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

I was speaking with someone today about snowshoes for both trail running and backpacking, and he recommended I check these out. I went to the website, and they do look impressive, especially for the price.

$110 for 2 lbs 15 oz is pretty reasonable. Anyone have experience with these?

edit: just realized the $110 is for the frame only. Total package is more like $230, which is still good if the shoes are as good as they seem to be.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

You can get small trail running 'shoes OR 30" to 36" backpacking 'shoes but not both in the same item.

Trail running snowshoes> short snowshoes for running on packed trails such as snowmobile trails.

Backpacking snowshoes> larger snowshoes that will support your weight PLUS the weight of your 40- 45 lb. winter backpack in deep, unpacked snow.

The least expensive snowshoes I've seen are "Alaska Charlies" 30" 'shoes that include 'shoes, poles & carry bag on sale for $79. at COSTCO. 'Shoes and poles are made with good 6000 series aluminum. Got a pair for my son-in-law because they are very sturdy and an amazing bargain probably B/C they are made in China, but very well made. And COSTCO has a money-back garantee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools