Topic

Hane arrived!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Hane arrived!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

My Hane just arrived!

It looks very nice

Typical fine quality work by Tenkara USA. The brown wrappings are very subdued. I can't wait to go try it out!

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Yep, got mine too. Still waiting for the Tenkara line to arrive though. Can't wait to get out there and learn a new style of fly fishing! Workmanship does look solid, and the pole seems very packable.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Just an FYI to anyone who ordered a Hane Rod. The fishing line has not yet arrived here but when it does we will be shipping it to you separately.

Thanks,
    Sam

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Hello all

Just got mine. Great job BPL . Work of art.

Happy Jim

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

Got mine at 6:15 this evening when the FedEx guy knocked on my door. Really nice. Having never seen a Tenkara rod before, the weight of the grip end cap surprised me… I guess that it's almost a counter balance for the long rod length. I already have my other lines, ordered from Tenkara, along with 6x tippet, and a nice selection of flies in a compact case. Can't wait to try it out.

David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

If anyone who ordered one wants to sell it after receiving please PM me! I missed out on the special order

Courtney Waal

@d0rqums

Mine just came this morning, after I had set myself up for the bummer of not getting it until Monday when Fedex revised the original date from Friday.

It is utterly beautiful. I really liked looking at how the wrap on the tubes is done to create the slightly heavier end for telescoping – amazing work. I may put a bit of foam padding on the inside of the screw cap end to keep the rattling down, but that's my only gripe.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

An acceptable gripe, Courtney. Consider posting pics for others to try it as well.

Courtney Waal

@d0rqums

Any news on when the line is going to ship?

Of course, it makes not so much difference when it's 11 degrees outside and the rivers are all frozen :(

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

My line arrived before Christmas – Yours hasn't come yet?

Michael Baker

@mcpacker

Locale: Minnesota

I was planning on getting a 2wt setup for smaller streams this spring. Now after looking at these rods I'm going to save a ton of money and weight. It just does not make sense to buy the 2wt setup now. I'm looking forward to when there are more in stock. I'm very excited to try this style of fly fishing. I absolutely love the simplicity!!

James Rank

@gravitas

Fishing last season here in the North East, I'm not joking when I say I caught twice as many fish on my Tenkara then I did on my 5wt the last two seasons. I was fishing the Iwana 12' most of the season, and splurged on the 13' Ayu, and later on the BPL Hane. Yes I know it's unnecessary to have 3 Tenkara rods :), but each one is different in its own right. The action of the 7:3 Ayu is quite faster than my Iwana 5:5, but the Iwana gives the most delicate presentation. I can hardly wait until next season to try out the Hane. I guess general woods bumming is in order until then.

Chris Stewart

@cm_stewart

Don't tell my wife that.

I just bought a Hane myself (slightly used) and I can't wait to put it through it's paces.

You're right about catching more fish, though!

Tenkara Bum

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools