Topic

the best emergency gear for your car?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) the best emergency gear for your car?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

What are some good products that would be useful to have in the trunk of the car at the trail head?
    I'm thinking about products that make patching holes in leaky tires, warming frozen key holes, and jump starting dead batteries easier. I know the best tool is a gold member AAA card but I would rather get myself out than wait for someone in a remote trail head.
    Thanks

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

A Wiggy sleeping bag! :)

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

My Dirty Dozen

1. duct tape
    2. small tool kit
    3. headlamp, flares & emergency strobe light
    4. electric air pump
    5. spare exterior bulbs
    6. AAA card, credit cards, Motel 6 card(Love cheap motels!)
    7. depending on season & locale, warm clothes, blankets, girl friend, Jim Beam, Contreau, Astroglide, & paper towels for cleanup
    8. sat phone or Verizon cell phone
    9. lots of extra cash
    10. GPS AND maps
    11. back issues of Hustler
    12. Mechanix gloves, nitrile gloves & disposable jump suit

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

I always keep a small shovel and a bag of kitty litter to help getting the car out, should that be at a slippy TH or if I go off the road. Add to that a candle, matches, wool blanket, flashlight that is 'skaken' to provide power, flare, and some emergency rations. Probably more than that, but that's all I can think of right now.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I think emergency lists are fine but I want to know about specific products that are out there. Fore instance :
    The auto sock -http://www.autosock.us/

I had a battery starter that plugged into the lighters of both cars and found that it was pretty useless when I needed it and had to call AAA. I know that there are lots of new products that will seal holes in leaky tires and what not. I want to know what peoples experience is with different brands ect,.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools