Topic

Mmm….New Tent Smell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Mmm….New Tent Smell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Locale: Colorado
    David Ure

@familyguy

…and the price is…..

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I was expecting it to be an upsized Lunar Solo.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

> …and the price is…..

Its not a whole lot more fabric than the gatewood cape. So I wouldn't expect it to cost much more. My question is what will the cuben version cost?

It's an interesting design. Personally I would prefer a pointed end at both ends for a 4 stake setup. Of course this would effectively make the tent shorter but it would shed wind a little better as well as the easier setup. Of course at 5'7" length has never been a problem for me. The Jolly Green Giant, who has been anxiously looking forward to this tent probably wouldn't be so happy.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Looks really nice. 26oz combined is a nice weight and once this is available in cuben it will be even lighter. Probably ~20oz.

I'm anxious to see the pictures and details on SMD's 2 person Haven shelter.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

> Looks really nice. I'd be all over a wider 2 person version in cuben.

From Ron's blog it sounds like that's in the works.

I just wonder about the wide flat panels in the wind with limited structure. That was the major criticism of the lunar duo, and refuge. Seems like this will have the same problem.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Ron told me this yesterday in regards to a cuben version of the upcoming Haven 2 person tent. It doesn't sound too likely that it will be ready for next spring:

"Right now I'm concentrating on getting the silicone nylon version done and into production. I'll start working on plans for the Cuben Fiber version sometime after the new year. Unfortunately at the moment I can't say when it'll be available."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools