Topic

MLD reliability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD reliability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Julian Thomas

@jtclicker

Can someone calm my nerves…

Has anyone ever NOT got what they paid for from MLD?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I got a duomid without the guylines once but a quick email to Ron and it was taken care of.

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I've never had any issues with Ron on any of my purchases.

David Ure

@familyguy

Yes – I have not gotten a 20% off coupon.

;)

No issues with anything that I have ordered from MLD.

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

I received a biyy from Ron a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't exactly what I wanted, one phone call was all it took. I returned shipped the one I received the next day and received the one with the modifications I requested within a week. Ron's customer service and products are excellent.

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

Locale: Midwest

I've ordered several items from MLD and have been highly satisfied with every purchase. My sister-in-law is an accomplished seamstress and speaks highly of their work after closely inspecting what I've purchased. While you have to wait several weeks to receive your order, its worth the wait. I'm currently waiting on a superlight bivy… but oh man… I can't wait until it arrives.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

IF something from MLD doesn't show up, you can be sure it is due to something outside the control of MLD (a postal worker gone postal??). They are a superb reputable company.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

The best person to calm your nerves is Ron himself. If you've ordered something, and you're wondering where it is, send him an email or give him a call and ask. He'll answer.

Realize that at times he might ship a multiple-item order at different times. In other words, if he's got some of what you ordered, he might ship it out ahead of what he has to make. Doesn't mean he's forgotten the rest of the order.

But again, if you're worried, give him a call or send him an email. He'll respond. It's one of the reasons he's thought of so highly on this site (that and his excellent gear with truly thoughtful touches).

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

MLD customer service is absolutely amazing. There's really no need for me to respond after the dozen replies before me. Ron does such a great job taking care of his customers I felt obliged to chime in as well. Give him a call!

Miner
    BPL Member

@miner

Locale: SoCAL

Other then having to wait for 4+ weeks (though the website was clear on that), I've never had trouble with any of my orders and everything was always of excellent quality. When I needed a replacement bivy sack while on my PCT thru-hike, Ron went out of his way to get me a new one quickly. I can't talk enough about how good his gear is and his customer service.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

My first purchase was a Zip pack, turned out it was too small for me. But prior to my order, Ron had stated, that if I didn't like the fit, send the pack back, and I'd have another size pack within 1 week, which he delivered as promised.

Consider too, that not many company's nowadays will make your gear per your specifications.

I've always gotten what I ordered, and the promised order times are usually close to what's stated.

I absolutely love my new custom Prophet pack. Made exactly as I had requested.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Another satisfied customer here.

The OP comment was a little nebulous. If there is a problem, call him as has been mentioned several times.

Julian Thomas

@jtclicker

Thanks everyone. I found out yesterday that I had lost several thousand euros (even more thousand dollars!) with a respectable (I thought) cottage industry in the music sector in the US. I just got a bit nervous! I have no reason at all to doubt MLD and it was just a knee-jerk nervous response.

Julian Thomas

@jtclicker

Just another update… Just heard from Ron that my order shipped ahead of schedule…

Julian Thomas

@jtclicker

And another update, just so anyone doing a google in the future has no reason to doubt MLD, a box was waiting for me at the office today with the Duomid – perfectly packed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools