Topic

loaning equipment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

So not only do I admit that I recently got nicked for some equipment in another thread now I’ve decided to loan some out.
    The son of a friend of mine is out west visiting and while rock climbing another mountaineer invited him to play in the hills.
    About the only thing I didn’t loan him was a bag…I did loan out a bothy bag,pad,2 sets of crampons,2 axes,2 synthetic jackets, helmet,2 packs…I even threw in a pair of glacier glasses.
    Yep, I figure the sun was too much for me that day.
    Since I actually need to work on a regular basis[ to pay for all the crap I loan out or have stolen?] I guess I wanted him to be able to take advantage of the oportunity.
    Just let me know what you need and I’ll get it to you, heck I’ll probably pay the freight.
    Please tell me it will be okay and that I’m not an idgit.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

If it gets broken or lost, consider it an opportunity to replace it with something lighter and better :)

I’m working on properly gearing up three nephews (ages 8, 10, and 12) after several semi-disastrous trips using what their parents provided for them (jeans, cotton sweatshirts, disposable ponchos, 5-pound backpacks, etc.) Nothing fancy, but no more cotton or heavy. It beats watching them shiver.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

And who said politicians put a spin on everything. Thanks to your idea I can make a point by helping a poor deserving [premed] child and possibly replace a few items with a “little aw shucks honey I was pretty sure your friend’s son would treat this stuff better” line.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools