Topic

Early Season 2010 40 to 50 miler in Sierras

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Early Season 2010 40 to 50 miler in Sierras

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I am looking to plan a hike for a mixed crew of Scouts aged 12.5 and above with some previous backpacking experience. On the agenda should include fishing, peak bagging (class 1 or 2) and perhaps a mid trek food re-supply. Since I am off to Asia in August, I need to do this trip early, perhaps starting the last Thursday in June to avoid the permit lotteries.
    Options I am investigating:
    – Southern Sierras: Horseshoe Meadow to Mount Whitney via Cottonwood Pass/Rock Creek. 60 miles in and out from the trailhead. Ascent of Whitney via the Mt Whitney Trail could be optional.
    – Mono Divide High Country: Vermillion Valley/ Lake Thomas Edison to Tully Hole as a loop trip, back to Vermillion cross country over Red and White Mountain.
    – Cherry Lake to Sonora Pass/Pacific Crest in Emigrant Wilderness as a shuttle trip. Exit at Sonora Pass to Highway 108.

Thoughts, comments, other ideas welcomed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools