Topic

Site for backpacking and fly fishing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Site for backpacking and fly fishing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

A long time ago, I posted asking if anyone would be interested in a site for backpacking and fly fishing. Well, it's finally done! Please give me your feedback. Also, I'd love if some of you would join the site and share your knowledge of backpacking and fly fishing. The site is:

BackpackFlyfishing.com

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Sweet! I'm not a backpacking fly fisherman yet, but I hope to be soon!

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Hi David,
    Join our site then! There will be a lot of cool tips, videos, and gear reviews in the upcoming months.

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

I think it looks great.

Jim

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Thanks Jim! Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Your site looks great! But…

I tried to create an account, your site told me I had, but then it keeps telling me I have an incorrect login or password.

???

Craig
    BPL Member

@skeets

Locale: Australia

Likewise. Same problem. emailed the provided email address.

Like the idea, and I'd support it.

But iff I could use the forum. Gone in 10 secs/2 goes, got better things to do than struggle with bum web pages.

craig

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Are you trying to log in from the forum or a different page? Right now, to join the forum, you have to click "register" on the top left of the forum page. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Jason, that's exactly what I did. It did not work!

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Don't use the Login at the upper right hand corner. Click on the Forum tab then click Forum Login to the left. That allows you to login with your user name rather than email address. Looks like Jason needs to do some coding work.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

OK, that worked! thanks!

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Thanks Jeff. And Stephan, I was glad you were able to log in! Thanks! Jeff, right now, the "log in" at the top right of every page is for the store. The "register" on the upper right of the forum is to join the forum. In order to create just one log in for both, I would have to spend more $$$. I'm already thousands of dollars in the hole on this site and can't afford to spend more on it right now. I know it's inconvenient, but until I can start recovering some costs, I am stuck with it like it is. Eventually, I will have one log in for everything as well as some other enhancements. I'm starting out small but dreaming big. It's not the perfect site I wanted to launch with, but it will evolve over time. Every site does. But I want to thank all of you again for your support and feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Tight lines, light packs!

-Jason

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools