Topic

Oware Pyramid Tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Oware Pyramid Tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Casey Ryska

@cryska

Does anyone have any experience with Oware Pyramid Tarps? I’ve been trying to compare them to the Hex 3 and the BD Megalite but havn’t been able to find a whole lot on the net aside from Oware’s site.

Robert Miller

@procab

I own a Megalite and it is a little tight on length for my 6’2″ frame. If I had to do it over again I’d choose the Oware Pyramid for the extra 4″ in length.

Casey Ryska

@cryska

“I own a Megalite and it is a little tight on length for my 6’2″ frame. If I had to do it over again I’d choose the Oware Pyramid for the extra 4″ in length.”

Robert,

On your Megalite, how much room do you feel that you really have. That is, do you think you could actually get 4 people in it. I’ve seen some sights that have it listed as a 4 person while others list it as a 2+ person tent. It’s hard to tell from pictures on the net, but the pole seems like it could eat up some space just because of it’s placement.

Thanks

Robert Miller

@procab

Casey,

I view it as a 2+ person tent on solid ground. You could seat 4 relatively comfortably. The usable footprint is circular.

In snow if you dug down a foot or more you may be able to sleep 4.

The pole isn’t an issue to me. The biggest surprise was the large square footprint. Sometimes it is difficult to find such a large area to pitch it in. This has led to some unusual pitches with partially exposed large rocks between occupants or in the largely unusable corners.

Robert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools