Topic

4 season tent for 6’3 people

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 4 season tent for 6’3 people

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Roland
    BPL Member

@robson

I’m looking for a relatively light 4 season tent for 2 people. As I’m tall and my winter bag is fairly long (2metre 30 = 7.5 ft) I found most of them too short. Any ideas what I should look at??
    Thank you
    Roland

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

I have the Sierra Designs Hercules Light AST. It weighs in at 6 pounds with some titanium stakes. I found it to be barely long enough for me at 6’2 with a 30 degree down bag. If I wasn’t careful the foot of the bag would touch the end of the tent when lying on my back. I tend to be a side sleeper so it works for me. They have replaced this tent with on called the Pampero whose length is listed at 99 inches and weighs in around six pounds. The regular hercules is longer but also much heavier.

Anders Bentsen
    BPL Member

@andben

Locale: Oppdal

Take a look at http://www.hilleberg.com/Catalog/jannu_4838692.htm. That tent should be long enough I think.Another option : http://www.hilleberg.com/Catalog/niak_red_discount_1357765.htm
    Good luck!

Steve Cain

@hoosierdaddy

Locale: Western Washington

I’ve got the Jannu and I’m 6’2″ It’s just a tad short for me! (Works if I lay diagonal, though)

david backes

@davidb

I’m 6’6″ and was in the same boat. I settled on a hilleberg Saivo – an 04 version which is 3 inches longer (96″) than the current model. This is no lightweight tent though. Perfect for 2 big guys or 3 average people with all their winter gear. To do over again I would get a MH EV2 for hard core bomb proof that’s about 3 lbs lighter than my Hilleberg (of course its much narrower and no external vestibule), or I’d order a Stephensons 2R or 3R with side windows that’s about 3lbs lighter than the EV2 (but again no vestibule). Or maybe I’ll win the lottery and buy one of each! Internal length is huge because there is no vestibule (external) in either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools