Topic

Rain Jackets without a hood?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rain Jackets without a hood?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Seems like I spend the most time thinking about a piece of gear that gets used so little by comparison!

I'd like to see if anyone here knows of any rain jackets that do not have a hood. In the sub 8 oz. range would be ideal.
    I'm envisioning a rain jacket with a collar similar to a Pat or Icebreaker zip top baselayer… zips up just to under the chin, snuggly.
    Hoods drive me nuts as they stifle my hearing and my peripheral vision. I typically find myself wearing my jacket with the hood off and an OR waterproof hat instead.
    Also, this would be for 3 season weather. In cold weather, I deal with the hood as I need the warmth and am usually wearing a wool cap (not waterproof).

It's a shot in the dark, but I figured if anyone knew if this existed, it would be this forum.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools