Topic

Delerion disappointment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Delerion disappointment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I sprung for the delerion lows (not pros) since I was late in checking them out and there was no size 10.5. The delerion low weight is more than stated on the timberland website with mine weighing 28 ounces for a pair as opposed to 23 ounces on their website. Maybe it’s last years model or something. Doubt it. I like the shoe so far after just trying them on.

I certainly needed a new pair of shoes after nearly trashing my Salomon XA Pros on a cross country hike on the Mesa De Anguila. Since that hike those shoes had been giving me some pain in the ball of my foot. Thanks to Steve Reed for recommending them though because they were great shoes!

One other thing. Leaving out of the spotlite review this issue many seem to be having causing return of the shoes and even having staff not wanting to use them, is disappointing.

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

In addition to a stuffy nose I have a crippled big toe as well. Unfortunately I have to agree with other postings pointing to the stiffness of the toe box. While my left foot is perfectly OK, my right big toe has been hurting since I put them on. I will see if anything changes. If not, back to the drawing board (and the shoes back to Zappo’s).
    S.

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

I am happy to report that I have walked the Delerions into submission. No more pain and the fabric does not make any “crinkly” noises anymore. I have grown to like the lace system and may keep it. Who cares about looks in the backcountry anyway, right? I think that wearing thinner socks also helped in the process, probably giving me more space and reducing friction (?)
    Best,
    Sven

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

As with so many shoes (and boots)on and off the market, these will be great for some and not so much for others. There is no such thing as universal footwear.

In my case, I had a brief bout w/ some toe rubbing on one foot (the larger) only. All gone, now, after about 10 miles of use, and I’m happy to say that they are as comfortable as any trailrunner I’ve ever used. Smell is about gone, as well– I used a deoderizing agent normally used to remove pet smells.

Due to the lightness and flexibility of the shoe, I will only use them in a limited way for off-trail travel. I have experienced some precurser to foot pain due to repeated impact on sharp rocks. I might modify this assessment after trying them with Superfeet insoles.

It is a shame that they were apparently discontinued—hopefully the product will return someday in an improved form. The gaiters are the weakest element— I wish they were made of Shoeller Dynamic like the Montbell Stretch Gaitors and had more robust hooks. These will fail before anything on the shoe will.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools