Topic

BPL Tenkara Hane Fly Rod Info

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info BPL Tenkara Hane Fly Rod Info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

If anyone finds out they don't like there tenkara rod or decide they don't want it period, I wouldn't mind buying it from you. just pm me.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Hello All,

A quick update on Tenkara Hane availability for 2010.

The chance that we'll do another production run has now been upgraded from "Maybe" to "Likely", and I will probably place the next order during the first week of January, which means they will be available by the end of February. The chance that I will do another run of Hanes beyond this one is "slim to none" for the remainder of 2010.

Therefore, if you want in on this one, be sure that you have signed up for a stock alert here:

We will notify you of pre-purchase availability of them in early January. MLIFE'rs will receive the first opportunity to prepurchase them out of this production lot. If any remain, then we'll open up prepurchase to the rest of the membership. But I'd like to make sure any members that want one are able to get one this time around, so if you are interested, please do sign up for a stock alert, because I will use those to gauge the size of the order.

Best,
    Ryan

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Woot! Im not gonna pass this time around.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Now I really have to find a job.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

"Now I really have to find a job."

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Just as long as it comes before spring, I'm all set.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

Locale: East Bay, CA

Im still undecided… I like that BPL tenkara rods pack smaller and are lighter THAN MOST! (the 11ft IWANA weighs 2.5oz ;) BUT NO WARRANTY? Im leaning towards buying from the MFG. just because of that…

Dennis Hiorns

@hanson

I don't think the warranty will be a deal breaker for me.

I may be mistaken, but I read on tenkarausa's website that for rod's not purchased directly from them, or for rods that were broken by the user, it only costs $8.50 to replace a broken tip (and that goes to pay for return shipping).

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

Has anyone gotten their line yet? I haven't.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

My line came just before Christmas – with 20 cents owing!

So I had to go down to the Post Office in the Christmas rush, stand in line and pay my twenty pennies!

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

"My line came just before Christmas – with 20 cents owing!"

That just sucks! Mine came last Tuesday.

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I got my line around a week ago, no issues with postage. I immediately went out and practiced the new casting technique in my backyard pool. Can't wait to get out there and try it for real!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

We are doing another production run of Tenkara Hane rods that will ship on February 15.

We will be accepting pre-purchases for this production run sometime between January 14 and 20. If you would like to be emailed when the prepurchase period opens, please sign up for a stock alert.

Lifetime members will be notified via email of the prepurchase period prior to stock alerts being sent and will be given 24 hours of early access prior to stock alerts being sent.

More info about this production run is available on the Tenkara Hane page.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Hello Everyone,

The next production run of Tenkara Hane Fly Rods (delivery early February) is now available for Pre-Purchase to Lifetime Members. They will have received an email newsletter about this today.

Here is the link to the Hane (MLIFE required to access this link today):
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/backpacking_light_hane_tenkara_fly_fishing_rod.html

Stock alerts will be sent out in the mid-morning (Montana, USA), when the early pre-purchase period for MLIFE's closes. At that time, prepurchase will be open to the public. Members will receive an email shortly a short time after the stock alerts have been sent notifying them that the prepurchase period is open.

The prepurchase period will close January 21 at 11:59 PM U.S. Mountain time, or when this production run sells out, whichever comes first.

Bill (L.Dog) Garlinghouse
    BPL Member

@wjghouse

Locale: Western Michigan

I too am on the fence. the Iwana costs $136, weighs marginally less, has a closed size of 20 1/2 inches vs the Hane's 16" closed length at $170 … Is 4.5" worth $34?

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I went through this when I bought from the first order, but it's actually a pretty good deal IMO.

With the Hane you get free line which saves $20 and free shipping (if your in the US anyway) which saves $9. So it's actually only a $5 difference to get the more compact rod.

The big thing you give up with the Hane is the lifetime warranty.

Ryan, I want my cut when WJGHouse orders his Hane. :)

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

>> Ryan, I want my cut when WJGHouse orders his Hane. :)

Drop by the Bozeman office sometime and we'll get you hooked up ;)

Regardless, WJGHouse better act fast, there's only one left as of 11:00 a.m. today…

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Got a job, just no check yet. Guess I'll be waiting for round 3!

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I missed the boat the first time round, and even though I was out of the country until late yesterday, thought I had this one sorted. Alas, my designated proxy dropped the ball, and I got left out again.

Fiddlesticks.

In the unlikely event that anyone who has buyer's remorse, please keep me in mind.

Dennis Hiorns

@hanson

This is the week! Anyone get their Hane yet? I recently bought a Tenkara Iwana and am now anxiously awaiting the Hane. I probably should sell one, but that may be a decision that's too hard to make…

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Dear Backpacking Light Customers,

I apologize profusely for the delay in the shipping of the Backpacking Light Tenkara Hane Fly Fishing Rod you purchased. This situation as is very embarrassing for me, acting as liason between you, the customer, and Tenkara, the manufacturer.

In my previous e-mail to you sent February 23rd I informed you the rods had been shipped from the manufacturing plant to Tenkara for inspection. The intent was for Tenkara to ship them to us for distribution to you our customers at that time. A few days ago I received word from Tenkara that a significant error took place during the logo'ing process of our rods that required Tenkara to refuse the shipment for re-manufacturing. Tenkara has stated to me they expect to receive this new batch of rods March 25th. Working with that date as a baseline I expect to be able to ship the rods to you our customers during the first week of April.

I do sincerely apologize for this delay but hope you can understand it is due to an unfortunate circumstance. If you are dissatisfied and would like a refund you are more than welcome to request that from me. If you are still excited to receive the product I beg of you to be patient for an early April delivery.

The preferred method of communicating with me is through the use of the Customer Support area on the Web site at http://backpackinglight.com

My sincerest apologies,
    Sam Haraldson

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

FYI – The Tenkara rods have arrived and will begin shipping today. There are a lot of them to mail but I hope to get them all in the mail today. If not today, the rest will mail Monday (March 22nd).

Cheers,
    Sam

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

great news, maybe it will be here before my trip next weekend!!!
    thanks for the update Sam.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

any update on the shipping? My status is still backordered.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools