Topic

NoVa Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips NoVa Backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tony fiala

@skinin

Locale: Northern VA

Anybody out there looking to do random weekends around the blue-ridge/shenendoah trails of Northern Virginia? I moved down here a few years ago and can't seem to find anybody reliable or willing to go when it gets a little cold.

Frederick Heath

@rickheath

Tony,

I'd be down, when things settle down with the family.(probably a few weeks out) Any chance you like to fly fish?

Rick

tony fiala

@skinin

Never tried fly fishing…but i might be able to make some stealth purchases w/o my fiance finding out.

Jesse McKinney

@jessemckinney

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I live in Annapolis and I would love to get out for some weekend+ trips. I've had limited success meeting up with other hikers on the whiteblaze forum, but almost nobody wants to go out after November. I just got another down layer and would love to test out my sleep system to see how low I can go (limbo?). I've just started section hiking the AT and would love a partner for the Northern Virginia sections. I've completed West Virginia, Maryland, and a bit of Southern Pennsylvania. I've also heard that Dolly Sods is nice as well.

Frederick Heath

@rickheath

Tony,

No need to buy anything. If we ever make it work to get out, you can borrow everything you need. Then you can decide if you have another "addiction" before you spend your dough. Otherwise, schedule permitting, I am up for the AT or whatever you/anyone else wants.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I belong to a few backpacking groups through Meetup.com in NVa. One is MidAtlantic Backpackers, the other is the South Central PA Backpackers.

I'm an asst. organizer in both, so I organize trips, usually the longer (30-40 miles over 2-3 days) trips. Within the last month and a half I've done Dolly Sods, WV; Black Forest Trail, PA; Allegheny Front Trail, PA; a bit of the AT around Caledonia State Park, PA, and Old Loggers Path, PA. Have another trip slated (someone else's) for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Will be putting more trips together throughout the winter.

So you might want to check out those two groups.

Take care,

Doug

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Count me in. I'm from northern VA, but moved to central Virginia a few years ago. I've been looking for the same, a small group of folks that would like to hit the AT, Shenandoah National Park, and surrounding areas as we all have time – even if just for a "24" overnighter on a weekend. I usually go for 3 season, but I've been looking at winter trips quite a bit lately.

tony fiala

@skinin

24's are sometimes the best for me, when i can't get away from reality that long. These all sound great to me guys- keep me in mind when yous get some free time, and i will do the same. I am from NY and will be there for thanksgiving, but I could see getting out once before Christmas. I can be pretty much available in a day or two's notice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools