Topic

Possum down washing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I bought a pair of Possum down socks and wanted to know how I should wash them. I threw away the tag it came with by accident.

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

I wash mine in cold water and hang to dry, the instruction said not to put them in the dryer

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Instructions that came with my socks say: warm hand wash, warm rinse well. do not bleach. do not tumble dry. drycleanable. YMMV.

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

>Instructions that came with my socks say: warm hand wash, warm rinse well. do not bleach. do not tumble dry. drycleanable. YMMV.

I do it in just this way when the socks crawl out of my backpack on their own and beg to be washed. (In other words, they're warm, but they are — like the gloves — a tad fragile.

Trim your toenails — seriously.

Stargazer

P. S. Love these guys for sleeping, but I wouldn't hike in them unless all my other socks were infected with the Ebola virus. :-)

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Thanks for all the info. I just got mine and I'm wearing them around the house to try them out before I use them out in the field. I mainly got them to sleep in since my feet always tend to be a little cold in my Marmot Atom sleeping bag.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools