Topic

Multiple Gear Lists in Profile

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Multiple Gear Lists in Profile

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

I must say that I have learned so much about gear by reviewing people's gear lists. One thing I would like to see is the ability to post multiply gear lists under our profiles. Right now I just post my typical 3 season list. I would like to post my summer list as well as my myog list, all at the same time. Others might want to post winter list, comfort list, etc…

Any thoughts?

Jamie

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

This is especially frustrating when digging through older posts for information since, inevitably, that persons gear list isn't the same as it was even a year ago.

It would be helpful, at least in this forum, if people would take the time to actually post their list instead of just linking to their profile. Or allow multiple gear lists in a persons profile as was mentioned.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Problem is, I don't have a gear list. I suspect many others don't either.

Every trip is influenced by:
    1. How fast I want to go
    2. How far I want to go
    3. Whether or not I'm taking my kids
    4. How much beer I need/want to carry
    6. Whether I'm feeling the SUL vibe or not
    7. Gourmet cooking or eating energy bars for days?
    8. Weather expected or not…
    etc, etc etc…I would have no idea what to post as "standard".

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

You can post multiple gearlists in separate pages using one link to google documents spreadsheet. But you'd not be able to post it as a gearlist on BPL I now realize since it's a pdf file.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Do as above and then print to pdf. Each gearlist should print as a separate page in the pdf.

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I haven't refined my gearlist to the point yet where I feel like posting it for criticism, but I just uploaded a rough draft that might help you out.

My solution to having multiple gearlists has been to create a single spreadsheet with a bunch of different columns, each for a different trip configuration. I basically have blocked in different gearlists for 1,2,3 and 4-season camping, and variations on each of those for 2 day and weeklong trips… all of these are in addition to my "basic" gearlist, which is gear for a 3-season, 3-day trip.

Check out the gearlist attached to my profile and you'll see what I mean. Again, still needs a lot of work, so please refrain from criticism of the items on the list, but feedback on the gearlist setup itself would be helpful. For me, it's the easiest way I've found to have everything in front of me at once.

I've got another, much longer list for two-person hiking with my girlfriend, that has her gear on there, too, and divvies up gear weight based on shared equipment.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools