Topic

Ryan Jordan pack bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ryan Jordan pack bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Anybody know what bag/rack system Ryan uses in his new "24" video posted today?

David Ure

@familyguy

Soon to be released BPL branded backpack.

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

Locale: Midwest

From my understanding its a prototype bag that BPL is working on…

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Most of the stuff he's been carrying lately, to my understanding, is all stuff he's testing for a potential roll-out in the future. Everything from the new Cocoon insulating gear, to his pack, and even a tent. The orange one is his ULA Artic Dry pack which he carried on the Artic 1000 trip.

The dark blue/black pack he carried in previous videos is apparently nearly ready for production with only minor cosmetic changes forthcoming. It is roughly 28 ounces and 40L-45L in capacity. It will come with shoulder straps and a hip belt which are modular to fit different body types. It comes with a removable frame, roll top closure, two big outside pockets, and hipbelt pockets.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

It is the BPL Arctic Dry Bag (I think) an old link is here

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

beat me by 8 seconds David

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The pack in the video posted on Ryan's site today is the BPL Arctic Dry pack co-developed with ULA. It is no longer available but you might be able to pick one up used on the Gear Swap forum.

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

You guys are right regarding the pack… ULA Arctic. I hadn't seen his latest 24 episode (which by the way I love them!). In the prior episode "Garnet Mt" he was using his newer BPL prototype pack.

The tent used in his latest 24 hour video looks a lot like a Roger Caffin' shelter like these http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/DIY_RNCSummer.htm

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The tent is indeed a Caffin built specifically for Ryan to use on ultralight winter trips.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools