Topic

Guterman thread source?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Guterman thread source?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Holbrook
    BPL Member

@zandar

Locale: Central Coast of California

I am looking for a source to buy guterman thread. I need various colors.

I just finished the G4 Pack from Quest Outfitters, and I have run out of thread.

Z.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

I just bought 765 yards from OWFINC for $3.88. My other choice would be eBay unless its available locally.

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

Should be available locally at most fabric stores such as Jo Ann Fabrics. Internet retailers such as owfinc often provide better prices, but shipping is a deal killer if you are just looking to buy thread.

Paul Davis
    Spectator

@pdavis

Locale: Yukon, 60N 135W

All: Lucky me—my local sewing shop has Guterman thread in big conical rolls. Try quilting specialty shops as well. Ditto for heavy duty sewing machine needles. I have never been able to find it, or afford it, but Kevlar thread is supposed to be excellent stuff too!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

As well, if you have a Jo-Ann's nearby get on their mailing list. Their mailers contain 40% coupons most of the time and they often put those threads on sale……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools