Topic

Climashield Apex

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Climashield Apex

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

This replaces climashield XP. Any info on this? I am very interested in the clo value.

David Wills

@willspower3

Ron Bell is the only one I've seen thats gotten any so far. His site says 5-10% better efficiency than XP. That puts it somewhere between .86 and .90 clo/oz. Sounds like a winner. He replaced 5 and 2.5 oz XP with 4.8 and 2.4 oz Apex. I would love to find some under 2 oz for jacket, vest and pants.

Peter O
    BPL Member

@shouse

Locale: Texas!

Any idea when this stuff my start hitting the market?

David Wills

@willspower3

i would guess when the suppliers run out of XP. may take a while

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Anyone selling this stuff yet?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Talked to Sheri(??) over at OWFINC and she told me that Climashield was still working on something for it before it would be available to them. Hard to think of what is left to do at this stage.

-Tim

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

I spoke with the Climashield rep on thursday and according to him it is being held from "public" release until the have met the term of contract with the company they developed it for. He said that when a company contracts with them to make a new product they have a exclusivity license on the product for a pre set term. He talked as if Apex would be still bound by that contract for some time yet. Most likely all of 2010 was his hinting. But he said to stay in touch and he would keep me up to date on it.

Peter O
    BPL Member

@shouse

Yikes, Not what I'm looking to hear.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

So since i doubt MLD was the company who contracted it how does a small company like that get it?

I am clueless on all this stuff.

-Tim

Peter O
    BPL Member

@shouse

Is there any update to this?

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I called HarVest Consumer Insulation, Inc. at the beginning of spring for a quilt project.
    The CSR explained to me that the mainstream manufactures get climashield apex first. The consumers should be able to purchase the climasheild apex bulk insulation in 2011 for MYOG.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Is there any update on the status of Apex for the MYOG community?

Peter O
    BPL Member

@shouse

Apex does not exist. It's name was created simply to distract you from the truth…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools