Topic

DIY Quilt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear DIY Quilt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brady Fulton

@bfulton

Locale: Phoenix Arizona

I have an REI Sub Kilo +20 Sleeping bag that I am contemplating cannibalizing to make two under quilts for my wife and I. The bag has 14oz of 750 fill down. Good idea or bad idea? I could also try to sell the bag and put the money towards UQs. I was looking at the down under quilt at thru-hiker as a reference to go by.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I'd sell it, and buy down. 800 fill down is only $8 oz.

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

You can buy 750 down here for $16.00 for 3 oz shipped.

Brady Fulton

@bfulton

Locale: Phoenix Arizona

Has anyone ordered down from this place?

http://www.kookabay.com/

good/bad/indifferent?

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

Kookabay is forum member Bender Newbie's site. You can follow the development of the lightweight pads in the thread below.

I ordered a custom pad and received it in something like 3 days, so I'm guessing he would deliver down very quickly and reliably.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=24850

Jeff K
    Spectator

@jeff-k

Locale: New York

I ordered the pillow from Kookabay and the delivery was very fast. He even offered to modify it free of charge if I sent it back to him.

I don't know anything on the quality of the down, but the quality of the pillow was top notch.

I wouldn't have a second though about buying from him again.

Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

Ive ordered some down from him and got it withing 4 days of payment. Wouldn't hesitate to order some more from him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools