Topic

SuperUltralight 3 Season Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists SuperUltralight 3 Season Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

SuperUltralight Gear List for 3 Season Outing (does not include food, water or items worn on body)

Items Carried:

1) Gossamer Gear G6 – 3.5 oz
    2) BMW Spintarp X-lite – 4.0 oz
    3) 6 BMW Lazr Ti Stakes – 1.3 oz
    4) 30′ GG EZC Guyline – 0.12 oz
    5) BMW Vapr Bivy – 6.1 oz
    6) Marmot Atom 40F Bag – 16 oz
    7) BMW Spinsack nano (sm)for bag – 0.195 oz
    8) GG 3/8″ Thinlight Pad (torso-sized) – 1.9 oz
    9) 2L Platypus Hoser – 3.5 oz
    10) 1L Platypus Bottle – 0.8 oz
    11) 20 Katadyn Micropur Tablets – 0.28 oz
    12) Homemade Minor wounds Kit – 1 oz
    13) Sierra Designs Isotope Rain Jacket – 4.6 oz
    14) Patagonia Micro Puff Vest – 6 oz
    15) Smartwool Light Hiker Socks – 2.5 oz
    16) Smartwool Beanie – 1.6 oz
    17) PossumDown Gloves – 1.3 oz
    18) BMW Spinsack nano (sm) for clothes – 0.195 oz

Total Base Pack Weight -> 54.89 oz = 3.4 lbs

* Items carried in pocket on body: Hand Sanitizer, Compass, Whistle, Micro Photon LED, Razor Blade –> items not included in base pack weight

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Useless w/o context.
    This is not a 3 season list in the West— more of a late Summer list. Sounds like you are not expecting much in the way of precip ( w/ the semi-waterproof Isotope). It will make for a stuffy windshell, as well.
    Not the all-in-one shell of my choice.

Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to put this on the gear list but this is a three season gear list for the southeast U.S.

I would have bought a GoLite Virga rain jacket but I don’t know if they are even out yet- any suggestions for rain/windproof jackets?

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Anon,

I like the minimalist fastpacking list.
    It could use some work, I just posted a minimal gearlist for the same weight including in clothing, a full wind suit, a full extra base layer, warm hat, extra socks, insul. vest.

You can not always rely on the down gear, so you have to have a clothing list that will keep you warm down to at least 50 or 40 degrees if needed. and yes it must be breathable.

and for a small load your g6 will be too big and will sagg pulling onyour shoulders.
    check out the MLD packs

OR zealot jacket?

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

I’ve no personal experience in SE conditions, but assuming humidity and primarily trail travel, I would opt for a seperate highly breathable windshell ( Patagonia Houdini, Marmot Ion, something w/ a full zip for maximum venting options) and a UL Poncho ( BMW spinn-lite, Mtn Laurel Design). This combined set up would weigh from 8-11 oz. and would double as your shelter. You would be dialed in for comfort over a broader range of conditions than relying on the Isotope.

Alternatively, you could opt for a Dropstoppers or Rainshield microporous polypropylene rainsuit— waterproof, highly breathable and it won’t break the bank. Don’t bushwack in them as they are fragile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools