Topic

Marmot Baselayers @ TJ Maxx

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Marmot Baselayers @ TJ Maxx

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Zachary Crane
    BPL Member

@zcrane

Locale: Midwest, USA

I stopped by TJ Maxx the other day and was happy to see Marmot's lightweight crew and 1/4 zip baselayers on sales for $19.99 and $24.99 respectively.

Pretty good products at a great price.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Wish we had one here. I saw a thread on another forum about TJ Maxx closing out a bunch of gear from Spyder.

Zachary Crane
    BPL Member

@zcrane

Locale: Midwest, USA

I saw a little bit of Spyder stuff there. Also a couple nice Patagonia Jackets (not a model I recognized) for $40, marked down from $159.99 MSRP.

James Arriola
    BPL Member

@ravs4fun

Locale: Desert Southwest

My local TJ Maxx here in Las Vegas had Cloudveil men's wool zippered sweaters and women's softshell jackets for sale.

Marshalls had Marmot baselayers, Smartwool and Icebreakers socks, and Marmot down vests.

Marshalls in my area gets Patagonia frequently and lots of The North Face clothes.

James

Chris Ells

@strat1080

I picked up a Patagonia Capilene 1 crew yesterday for $9.99 at a Marshall's here in the Denver, CO area. There were lots of nice jackets from TNF and Marmot.

Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

Locale: Smokies

I am heading to Morristown, TN tomorrow morning so I will swing by the TJ Maxx & More while I am there. Hopefully I can find some great stuff. Thanks for the heads up!

Joseph

Adam Criswell

@macrophyllum

Locale: Northern California

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up some silkweight capilene for 10 bucks.

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Dropped in a TJMaxx last night, based on this thread, and the only thing of interest was a lot of Icebreaker and Smartwool socks… Icebreaker hiking socks for $7 is pretty decent. One or two Cloudveil jackets that seemed to be a good deal, but heavier models than anyone here would be looking for. Didn't see anything in the baselayer categories. (this is NoVA/DC area).

Anonymous
    Inactive

They always have some surprising things in TJMAXX. If anyone has a Nordsrom Rack nearby, give them a shot if you are looking for outdoor deals. I found North Face Diad, Trajectory Hybrid, and other North Face rain gear jackets in there at 60 percent off retail.

Joseph Morrison
    Spectator

@sjdm4211

Locale: Smokies

I picked up a pair of Icebreaker mountaineering merino socks for $7 at TJ Maxx. They should be great socks to wear around camp and in the sleeping bag!

They didn't have any of the Marmot base layers in my size but I found a nice pair of Marmot waterproof insulated gloves for $20. I passed up on them because they were too small to fit my liners inside.

I did buy a Eddie Baurer Primaloft jacket for $5 at second hand shop. Its pretty light.

Joseph

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

My cousin got me 2 pairs of IB hiker socks for my birthday last month from TJ, and a Smartwool NTS shirt as well. Great gifts, at a great price.

I was looking for undies (my other recent thread), and she also picked up a pair of Marmot ones at either TJ or Marshalls. Great stuff.

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

Locale: Midwest

our Marshalls in KC had Darn Tough socks ($9), Marmot baselayers ($20), Patagonia cap 1 l/s shirts ($10), and a component marmot ensemble consistent of a l/s down insert plus a driclime shell ($140).

James Lee

@jleephoto

Locale: Triad

Just a heads up, if you don't see the baselayers you're looking for, ask if they have any more in back. I found a Smartwool mid-wt zip on the shelf in too small a size. When I asked if they had any more, they brought out a big BOX full of baselayers including Marmot, TNF, Kombe & others. Unfortunately, no more SW tops at my store, but it's worth a shot.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I was going to post something like this, but took a look before I did and found this thread. I thought it might be a good idea to resurrect it as a remider that if you look hard enough you can pick up some quality clothing without having to kill your wallet. This weekend I ended up picking up a Marmot Ion for $15, a Patagonia cap1 crew $9 and some Icebreaker socks $7 at the local Marshalls/TJ Maxx.
    Also while I was there I saw pieces from Mountain Hardwear, Montrail(Hardrocks, but not my size), TNF, Cloudveil, Kuhn, Prana, and Merrell all at a significant discount.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools