Topic

Hammock Sleeping bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Hammock Sleeping bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brady Fulton

@bfulton

Locale: Phoenix Arizona

I'm looking for any links you guys know of for converting a sleeping bag to work with a hammock going through it. I have been thinking through my plans and would like to compare it with what others have done. I've googled it but only come up with sleeping bags that convert into hammocks.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I'm not a hammocker, but seems to me that all you need to do is remove the zipper and hood (this assumes your bag has a full length zipper). Or do you mean converting a bag into an under quilt?

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

Click here to open the hammock forums web page. If the information you seek exists, it's likely you'll find it there.

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

You're wanting to convert a sleeping bag into a hammock sock, or peapod type insulation. Has been done – depends on the hammock and the sleeping bag whether it will work well. The above link to hammock forums and a search will be a good start, if you can't find it, post and the ever-friendly hammockers will link you to threads and articles.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Brady,

Peapod

Look here at the Speer's Peapod.

Alpo Kuusisto
    BPL Member

@akuusist

You mean this?
    http://www.vaellusnet.com/turinat/viewtopic.php?t=4978&start=15

Not for linguistically challenged. Bolded text says:
    NOTE There's a hammock inside. Sleeping bag fabrics can't take that.

Jared Gillis

@solidrock

Here is what I did and It has worked well for me. My next step is to try and cut a hole in the top so I can do the top of the mummy bag better. In the Past I just use the hood from my jacket. Here is what I did http://www.backpackgear.blogspot.com/Hammock Sleeping Bag

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools