Topic

North Yosemite 11/13-15

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips North Yosemite 11/13-15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Anyone interested in a trip out of Hetch Hetchy next weekend. The trip is flexible but if I do it solo I was planning on hiking out of canyon up the switchbacks and joining the PCT in Jack Main Canyon at Wilma Lake. From there my goal is to take the PCT beyond Benson lake to the trail that heads back to Hetch Hetchy via Rogers Canyon/Pleasant Valley/Rancheria Mountain. This route covers about 62 miles and would cover 20 miles a day average.

Hetch Hetchy hours are 8am-5pm so I am planning to leave the East Bay area (Pleasanton) early Friday morning to arrive at the gate at 8am. Likewise the trip would end before 5pm Sunday to allow gate exit prior to 5.

This trip covers an area that gets very little traffic this time of year and based on CDEC data there is little snow at this time. In the event of snow I plan on packing in snowshoes though the route would be shortened. Let me know if you're interested.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools