Topic

An 18’er

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports An 18’er

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

My buddy Jon and I had the same idea basically simultaneously…..let's do a stealth overnight in a local park!

So we did……it's ironic that the best thing about stealth camping is telling everyone about it!

We got dropped off by Jon's wife at an undisclosed location and rode our bikes into the park for about 1.5 hours, found an out of the way knoll and made camp.

Of course, no fires, no stoves and no tents. Just a couple of Tyvek bivies I threw together (that didn't work very well…we got drenched inside, still trying to figure that out).

We crashed out early (I watched an episode of "Time Tunnel" on my Iphone). During the night we could hear an owl hooting around and pigs rooting around. We got up early and rode out of the park into downtown for breakfast and I rode home to see my wife before she left for work!

Morning fog and mist

Breaking camp

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools