Topic

Bear Lake-Emigrant Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Bear Lake-Emigrant Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I tried to do a(24)like Ryan Jordan but because of some family stuff I could only do a(12)…I left the house at 5:36 am and drove to Hwy 108 and arrived at the Crabtree TH at 9:30..There was no one on the road this was the morning after Holloween. I started to hike at about 9:45.

P1010182
    First view out of the TH

P1010190
    The world famous Bear Lake

P1010185

I was not able to do a (24) but I did manage to do a (13:34)..A quick dash to the mountains before Winter sets in.
    Speaking of Winter are can I say no Winter..It was 75-80 degrees at noon at about 7,800 ft on Nov.1st Wow!! The Carbon Flame War Debate??? I think Global Warming is actually in progress in the Sierras as I type these words.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Sweet!

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Hey Jay…..Did you see anybody else out there? How many miles did you click off? In n' Out on the way home?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

P1010194

Hey Dave, I saw no people at all and only one other car at the CrabTree TH— I think I did about 6 or 7 miles total..Wish you could of maid it….Double-Double Animal style in Manteca tasted awesome.

Ed Collyer

@ecollyer

Locale: East Bay Area

I was bored one day and was itching to get out. I took my St. Bernard and we trekked to mi-wok ranger station from the bay. I must have went like a week before you. The only thing i saw was a horse trailer at crabtree trailhead. The ranger said I should watch for hunters, especially with a St. Bernard which could be confused for a bear or mountain lion (he has been known as a horse and a cow). The trip is nice but I found a dirty diaper near where I camped. I hate the f-ing dirtbags who leave that crap. That was one piece of trash that I Didin't pack out.

Would you pack out a dirty diaper if you found it on the ground?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools