Topic

Kelty Lightyear 3D 25 opinions…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kelty Lightyear 3D 25 opinions…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ken Walsh

@kwbackpack

So I know down is the bomb (used it for years) but my wife is extremely allergic to the stuff so both of us have to go synthetic if we want to pack together.

Anyone have experience with Kelty’s Lightyear 3D’s? I’m looking at the 25F version. This would be for three season use, Sept. hikes in the Sierra’s most of the time – often up high.

Thought process so far is:

– They make a women’s short version for 5’3″ still at the same wieght as the men’s 6’0″ so I’m thinking the loft will be better distributed for my wife who is on the short side and a bit of a cold sleeper.

– I’m a warm sleeper so if the regular men’s is a little over-rated I won’t mind.

– The are quite the bargain ($80 from Campmor).

– The godawful colors will ensure no one tries to steal them.

Any comments or experience with these things?

Also, I’m half inclined to go with the “regular” for myself which is listed for up to 6’0″. I’m actually about a 1/2″ more than that, but I’m in a BD Firstlight which is already tight and I’m not sure I want the extra 6″ of the long version flopping around.

Anyway, any experience or advice greatly appreciated – having trouble finding much info since most UL packers go with down.

Ken

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools