Topic

Looking for suggestions Summer 2010

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Looking for suggestions Summer 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

I have about 4 weeks (a bit extra for travel to trailhead) to hike this summer. Would like to get back to the West. I am thinking about walking the JMT in July and then heading north to the Wonderland Trail (WT). I haven't done either of these. I can go in June, July or August. Would appreciate other suggestions. I am concerned that the JMT will be busier than I would like but maybe it lives up to its reputation and the trail and scenery will more than make up for the crowd. I realize that if I choose the JMT/Wonderland option, that I'd have to start in July. Also, maybe it's best to just stay on one trail for the full 4 weeks to avoid having to break up the trip with a dose of civilization. Any insights/suggestions much appreciated. Cheers, Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Any insights/suggestions much appreciated. Cheers, Mike"

There is a lot of fine hiking on the PCT from the Canadian border on down to, at least, Snoqualmie Pass that would be a good week to spend, say, 3 weeks or so.

Zack Karas
    BPL Member

@iwillchopyouhotmail-com

Locale: Lake Tahoe

Colorado Trail.
    If you are a big-miler, the CDT route through Colorado.
    Oregon on PCT.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools