Topic

Bike frame packs, Bibs to pants conversion.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Bike frame packs, Bibs to pants conversion.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

pack1pack2pack2trailBibs 1bibs2

DIY bike frame pack Version 1 – works great, but its narrowness restricted volume. Also, fit and finish wasn't the greatest (don't look too close) and hard to put on around the front derailleur and cables

DIY bike frame pack Version 2 – much more volume due to extra width, only 1 zipper and compartment (more usable volume) and much better fit and finish

I got to chop up some Brand New Arcteryx bibs for a friend, to turn them into pants for him. It was an easy conversion, and very fun to take scissors to brand new expensive gear.

I've also made a high volume running/biking pack with a running vest suspension like my Nathan HPL 020 pack, but more volume. I don't have any good surveillance pics of that one yet.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools