Topic

Tarptent for 2 is done!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tarptent for 2 is done!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Justin Chaussee

@judach

Locale: Earth

Sean, the needle was a microtex sharp needle size #70 and I used hydropone thread from thru-hiker.com. I'd actually recommend using an even thinner needle than the #70. Thinner needle, smaller holes, more watertight. Make sure to get the sharp needles and not the slightly blunt ones for knit type fabric. I didn't change any measurements from the henry shires website for the tarptent for 2. I just did not include a floor to save weight. I use a piece of tyvek that I cut to fit the size of my sleeping bag instead. Good luck on yours!! Post pics when you're done.

Ty Wagner

@ty27wagner

Locale: Wisconsin

Awesome looking tarptent. From the pictures it look like you modified the original tarptent design. Would you please post the design mods you made from the original design.

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

"I didn't change any measurements from the henry shires website for the tarptent for 2"

The photo is a little misleading because he took it before he had his poles. In the photo the back side is staked to the ground instead of elevated with a pole like it would normally be.

Justin Chaussee

@judach

Locale: Earth

Correct. I was just anxious to see it set up. I started another thread with more pics when my poles arrived and I was able to set it up correctly. Here are a few pics of it set up with the poles…front rightrear leftrear rightmodified rear pullout

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Justin

I suggest the mid-side guys are just a bit too tight.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools