Topic

Free REI Gift Cards at Subaru

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Free REI Gift Cards at Subaru

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

Not sure if this is everywhere, by I know there are a bunch of North California dealers participating.

Go to REI and they will give you a card to take to a participating Subaru dealer.
    Then you test drive either an Outback or Legacy and then give you a free 25$ coupon.

I went with my girlfriend so I have $50 dollars to spend now. There is a limit of 1 per household and its only while supplies last. But if you are near an REI its worth it to at least call and see if their are doing it.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I called my local REI. Nothing going on here.

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

Did you go with the Outback or the Legacy?

Wish they were offering that around here…

Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

I test drove the Outback.

Its pretty nice. The have made their interior look a lot better since the last time I test drove a Subaru.

They add a lot of frills I don't really care for. For example, the paddle shifting is something I will never use. Also, it is a CVT transmission so you don't feel the shifts which is awkward.

Sticks to the road pretty nice. The sales rep had me take some tight turns. However he kept trying to compare the cars power and handling to my GTI he saw me drive up in.

To me the benefit of a Subaru is the accessibility to mountains that I dont really get in my GTI, but that i do get in my girlfriends SX4.

That said I would be very persuaded with a WRX wagon or a turbo charged Forester.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

+1 for Forester. I have a 2006, and while I would love a new turbo model, I don't see myself giving it up any time soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools