Topic

Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

<center>
    I created a "Group Size" aluminum bottle stove for multiple backpackers or group outings.

It's made from a recycled aluminum beverage bottle.

Holds 5oz of fuel. Blossoms in 20 seconds. Next to it is the "Cobalt" stove to show size comparison. I'll have more info on it soon and video to show moving "flame". I did some tests on this design today and will tweek it a tad to see if I can get it to blossom sooner.

No primer pan or wick is needed. Nice even heating pattern. It's burning Denatured Alcohol, nice and clean.

It's a one piece stove, no pot stand required, just put the pot on top of the stove.

</center>

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I modified it and blooms in 18 seconds. Has good wind resistance. Weighs 1.45 ounces. No priming necessary. User friendly.

<center>

</center>

Barry P
    BPL Member

@barryp

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)

That’s a high center of gravity. How do you keep it balanced out in the field?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Carefully!!!!??? The stove is 3 inches high X 2.25 inches in diameter.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Here is what the forming die looks like. Place it on top of the bottle and compress.

<center>

</center>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools