Topic

Cats love 3.7oz Climashield Combat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cats love 3.7oz Climashield Combat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

I'm currently making the minima vest from the kit from thru-hiker.com.

Didn't surprise me that my cat, the 13+ year old Bertha, agrees warmly with my choice of synthetic insulation(purrrrrrr), the 3.7oz Climashield Combat.

Climashield Combat, highly endorsed by cats

Cats have an amazing ability to find the optimal spot for warmth and comfort.

Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97ËšN, 95.26ËšW

I feel your pain. My cat tried to make a bed in my sil tarp as I was sewing it. Cat claws + silnylon = wet night under tarp!

Tom Holbrook
    BPL Member

@zandar

Locale: Central Coast of California

Thomas,

I too have been looking at making the vest, so let me know how things go. Tough spots, things to consider, etc.

Also, how did you decide on the 3.7 oz. Combat insulation?

T.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

If it's cat-approved, it's just gotta be good!

Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

Tom : Yes, I'll be happy to post about my experiences when I'm done with it. Seems pretty straighforward so far – I haven't even needed to rip any seams yet, but I guess that is inevitable, being the novice that I am. My first project was the Ray-way backpack, which was a challenge, but I'm benefiting from that now, knowing some of the techniques etc.

I selected the 3.7oz Climashield because I thought the default 2.5 Primaloft was going to be too little insulation (especially after looking at this picture), but lately I've been reading that the default is what the designer, AYCE, recommends for optimal drapability etc. Still, I think the Climashield looks and feels quite promising. We'll see how it goes.

Donna: Yes, it definitely got a stamp of approval from my cat :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools