Topic

Inov-8 sizing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inov-8 sizing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Locale: on the move....

I know this is an abysmal topic for online advice, but… I’m about to try out the Inov-8 Mud Claw 270’s, and unfortunately I’ll have to order them before fitting. Is there any general concensus about sizing up a size, etc, or any other sizing thoughts? My Montrail Masai’s and Hardrocks fit perfectly in Men’s 9 US, w/ preference to the roomy toebox & snug heel. I’ll order two adjacent sizes, then tinker w/ insoles, but first any feedback at all would be much appreciated.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I wear fairly consistent USA size 11-11.5 in Montrail, NB, Aasics, Adidas, etc [size up 1/2 in Salomon]. My Flyroc 310s in USA 11 fit just fine. The only difference I notice is that the shoe is a bit narrower. It has more of a snug and ‘wrapped’ feel, without the wider sole that you’ll find on Montrails. The caveat is that the Flyroc 310s are the only Inov-8 model I’ve tried, but the narrowness *looks* to be consistent with other models.

I really like what Inov-8 is doing though. It looks like they’ve expanded their line, and there are some very nice-looking models out now or soon. I hope they’ll get some more US retailers in the near future.
    -Mark

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Hey thanks Mark. Maybe I’ll order 9 and 9.5. Would like to talk to someone at Inov-8, or even better an especially knowlegable shop. So far I haven’t found a dealer who has seen more than 2 or 3 different models from the line. The shop closest to me hasn’t seen the Mud Claws at all yet.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have tried the 270, 310, and the 330. Size was reasonably consistant between them. A size 11 fits me perfectly. For comparision… I have found that with both NB and Montrail that I fall between a 10.5 and an 11. 10.5 is the right width for the heel, but the length is a tag short in the Montrail, and that the toe box was a tad too narrow on the NB 80x. Size 11 in both NB and Montrail were a tad long and a tad too wide.

–mark

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Mark V,
    More good info. Thanks very much. I think I’ll talk to them about the 330 too. Not sure if it is stiffer than 270, or just a beefier upper, or both.
    -J

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools