Topic

Affordable packrafts are overdue

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Affordable packrafts are overdue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The lack of an affordable packraft contributes to the inactivity of this forum.

I have just placed an order for a 2-person Sevylor boat that costs $40. The material seems to be tougher than the Trail Boat and I believe the boat itself weighs 6.2lbs. Seems like a better option than carrying two Trail Boats since I am always outing with the significant other anyway.

I will update when I get it and post a review of my initial impressions. For $40, I am not expecting much at all. I wouldn't dare to take this to anything larger than a small current.

I am a complete novice in packrafting introduced only by a curiosity which resulted from the release of that new Packrafting book. Hopefully this will help those pondering about packrafting but are put off by the hefty price tag it carries.

Here is the link by the way:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools