Topic

Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Frankly, I don't know how you guys use a real short or torso length pad and put your pack under your legs.

When I go to bed at night, my pack is empty. How much extra stuff are you guys carrying? I hang my food bag, pitch my tent, and if it's cold, I wear my clothes to bed, my shell or any extra little insulation becomes a pillow. What's left besides a few hard misc items like fuel/first-aid kits, etc?

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Christian Maki

@makichr

Would there be much of an r value increase with a large neoair over a regular z-lite? Would I have to use the z-lite on top?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

R-Values are supposedly cumulative. 2.5 for the Neoair + 2.2 for the zlite =4.7 R-Value. The debate goes on for whether or not the zlite is better on top than bottom.

The problem with trying to hypothesize over comfort levels is because there are too many variables–most importantly individual preference and tolerance for comfort.

Christian Maki

@makichr

Yeah I heard that but my question was about having a 25" neoair over a 20" z-lite. Would the 5" of overhang over the z-Lite greatly reduce the thermal effencency rather than having both pads 20"?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

You could probably come up with a mathematical formula that would say some heat would be lost, but I doubt you'd be able to feel it.

But, putting the zlite on top would negate that issue I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools