Topic

Eagle Rock Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Eagle Rock Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter McDonough
    Spectator

@crazypete

Locale: Above the Divided Line

Hey, anybody have any experience with the Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas??

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Peter, I've been there several times and planning on hiking it in November if not late October too.

Peter McDonough
    Spectator

@crazypete

Locale: Above the Divided Line

How hard is the hike? Could I drive up a Thursday night, camp, and then start the trail Friday morning, do about 13 miles on Fri and Sat, then come out early Sunday morning?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It's a moderate hike. Yes, your plan will work fine. Albert Pike campground has heated bathroom and showers. It is said the clockwise direction is easiest.

Jack Newton

@figster

Locale: Central Arkansas

I've been there once, this time of the year, when the Little Missouri was not passable. Before you come out, do check the levels. The Buffalo is up a rare 8 feet right now. This has been the most wet year in my memory. It would not surprise me if Little MO is swole! A BPLer from TN should have just left the loop.

Jack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools