Topic

AR Hikers…..lets go backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips AR Hikers…..lets go backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

Anyone in Arkansas want to do a weekend trip? Ouachitas or ???? Maybe even do a meet and greet?

I have adopted 5 trail miles on the OT just out of Jessiville so I will be heading that way often for now. I am game to go just about anywhere in the state though.

Jack Newton

@figster

Locale: Central Arkansas

Just missed a hike I took from Hwy 9 to Pinnacle! It was wet and leisurely! Mushrooms and spiders were the order. Are you native to the Jessiville area?

Jack

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

I am in Bryant.

I have hiked the OT around the 9 trailhead, just heading the other direction. Sounds like you had a great trek, I almost prefer hiking on foggy misty days. Can do without the spiders though. Went out two weekends ago to check my adopted milage for the first time, it is well overgrown. Had to wash the spiderwebs out of my hair.

Jack Newton

@figster

Locale: Central Arkansas

Do you maintain the OT on the East or West side of Hwy 7?

I've yoyoed 7 to 9 a few times and it does get crazy unruly in just a season. How much work do you have?

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

West of 7. The tower by bear cabin I believe. I just adopted it, didnt get to hike the entire section(5 miles roughly) due to time restraint. Alot of weed work to start. I think I will be out for more then one weekend just using a weedeater. Then I will be able to attack the other issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools