Topic

Merino Wool Sources?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Merino Wool Sources?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I was looking to get some materials for a few projects I am looking to do over the winter and am having trouble finding lightweight merino wool. I checked the forum search, but I couldn't find a thread that was newer than 2 years old. If anyone has any sources they can share it would be appreciated. Thanks

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Lot of merino sheep here in Australia …

Cheers

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

The only problem with that is they wont let me bring my shears on the plane…

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

I did find this from an older thread, but at $32 a meter (+ overseas S&H)it is pretty expensive.

Shelby Merino Wool

Any others?

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

bump? Anyone? anyone?…Bueller, bueller…

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

your location says east coast mid atlantic – you may have better luck calling up specialty shops in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. that's the kind of thing that may be more easily found in "old fashioned mom and pop specialty shops" that aren't necessarily online. You could also call places in NYC and LA, where a lot of designers work, to see if you can find something to get shipped. here's something i found through a quick google search:
    http://www.raincitypublishing.com/woolfabrics.html

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Kier, That is a great idea. I was just doing searches through the usual fabric retailers that cater to backpacking and only came up with the one. Thanks for the idea.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be glad to take them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools