Topic

Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Black

@thehikingdude

For those of you that own a Montbell U.L. Wind Jacket, how water resistance have you found it to be? Montbell describes the Polkatex fabric as being almost magical.

Thoughts,

Jeff

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I’ve been very happy with mine. It seems to hold out for about an hour before it wets through. I have noticed that it seems to wet though quickly where it is touching skin. I usually wear it over a long sleeve Smartwool Zip-Tee. Any moisture that does get though is well managed by the wool base layer. I don’t usually let it go until it fails. I have a poncho I put on before that happens.

It is so light and small, I keep it with me every day, just in case. Last season, I used it daily on a week long backpacking trek. I also used it during a week long trip to Cost Rica where it offered rain and sun protection. One of the days was spent in a cloud forest doing a “canopy tour” using climbing gear. It has held up well.

This is the first wind shirt I have owned so I cannot compare it to others. Other wind shirts may have performed better in the situations I described above. Hopefully there are others who can provide some comparisons.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools