Topic

Inov-8 shoes on clearance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Inov-8 shoes on clearance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hal Potts

@halpotts

Locale: Middle Tennessee

I just bought a pair of Inov-8 shoes online and noticed that quite a few of the older models are significantly marked down. For example Roclite 390 GTX lists for $160 selling now for $95.

http://store.inov-8.us/index.php/roclite-390-gtx.html

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Any deals on the shipping?

Hal Potts

@halpotts

Locale: Middle Tennessee

I paid the regular shipping charge which was $9.32. With such a discount I was happy to pay a little shipping. I did a quick internet search and found many of those same inov-8 shoes for sale at various stores for the full MSRP. It looks like a great deal if you don't mind wearing last years fashion!

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Well for those who can't find their size (like me) –

Runningwarehouse.com sells many Inov-8 shoes for great prices every day. In fact the 2009 Flyroc 310's, which are my everyday & trail shoe, are only $75.95 shipped 2day UPS. Only about $6 or $7 more than the 2008 model on clearance by the time you pay the shipping.

Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Runningwarehouse.com sells many Inov-8 shoes for great prices every day"

Anybody have experience with either the Inov8 X-Talon 240 or the Roclite 288? Both are waaay light.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Those are brand new. Just released a couple of weeks ago.

J M

@hmr3d

Does anyone here with a slightly wider foot wear these?

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I get my inov-8's there (flyroc 310's and just got 2nd pair of x-talon 212's). If you enter CP20 in the team discounts area (link at top of main page). You'll get 15% off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Those are brand new. Just released a couple of weeks ago."

Thanks, Chris

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

"Does anyone here with a slightly wider foot wear these?"

I'm a 9.5/ 10 C. (I used to be a B. That's what years of walking around will do to your foot.) I bought a pair of Mudclaws by mail, and tried on most of the other lines at a local running-shoe store.

The Mudclaws were far too small in the toebox, even though they fit me in all other ways. The others I tried on weren't much better — with one exception. The Terrocs have the more traditional wide fit in the toes, and fit me beautifully in all directions.

They're a bit sturdier than the other lines, "almost like street shoe," as the salesperson proclaimed. The irony is that that makes them far more suitable for hiking on uneven, rocky, or otherwise difficult ground, especially if you're not used to hiking in trail runners. The 330's are still pretty light.

I've since gone in the opposite direction and now do most of my serious hiking in Vibram Five Fingers KSO's.

The Terrocs now serve me well as walkin' around shoes, but the Mudclaws are pretty much abandoned.

Stargazer

J M

@hmr3d

Thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools